PNC Arts Alive!, New Castle County, and The City of Wilmington present The Grand’s Concerts by Car: Montana Wildaxe.
There are a handful of Delaware bands that have been around for years and years. They all include plenty of cover songs in their acts, and they’re all still playing regular gigs, whether it’s throughout the summer at the beach or even this month in Trolley Square.
But Montana Wildaxe trumps them all, having played the local scene for more than 32 years. Their unique blend of Grateful Dead and Allman Bros. covers, psychedelic rock, and jam band improvisation attracts their loyal fans. It’s a style and vibe that’s difficult to describe unless you’ve seen them live. Montana Wildaxe has a very strong rhythmic approach to the jam band genre.
Members are: Chip Porter (lead vocal, rhythm guitar), Kurt Houff (Lead Guitar, Vocals) Dan Long (Keys, vocals) Tony Cappella (Bass, vocals), Glenn Walker (Drums, Vocals), and Tim Kelly (percussion).
Social distancing measures will operate in accordance with Delaware guidelines:
• Vehicles will be spaced approximately 6’-8’ apart. Windows may remain open at this distance.
• Cars will be parked in a manner to achieve at/or appropriate spacing and best visibility.
• Patrons are encouraged to remain in their vehicles. However, you may leave your car and sit in your own chairs in the adjoining space beside your car.
• Face masks must be worn anytime you are outside your vehicle.
• There is no reentry once your vehicle leaves the grounds.
• In accordance with state guidelines, patrons will be asked to leave if they do not adhere to the rules and regulations.
Additional information for these first-of-a-kind concert experiences:
• Passenger vehicles only. No buses, party buses, limousines, bicycles, or foot traffic allowed. ADA accessible vehicles will be permitted.
• All tickets are general admission and spots cannot be reserved.
• Concert will take place in the Main Parking Lot of Frawley Stadium. All traffic must enter from Justison Street.
• There will be no concessions served. Alcohol prohibited.
• Attendees will be able to hear the concerts via FM radio. Details will be provided on site.
• We discourage vehicles with more than four occupants.
• No pets allowed.
The Grand’s Concerts by Car is produced by The Grand and sponsored by New Castle County, PNC Arts Alive!, and the City of Wilmington. Additional support provided by NKS Distributors, Kenny Family Shoprites, Riverfront Development Corporation, Electro Sound Systems, Delaware Stadium Corporation, AAA, and Seiberlich Trane. State guidance on social distancing, public gatherings and certain procedures and practices is subject to change.