The Wilmington Fire Department’s 100th Anniversary will be celebrate with a parade Downtown along King Street on Saturday October 23rd starting at 10AM.
The parade promises to be one of the largest in Wilmington History. Numerous Fire Departments, Police agencies, Military bands and Pipe Bands have already committed to participating.
Following the parade, there will be a Fire Muster to include an Antique Apparatus Display and Firematic Flea Market along with an in-water Fire and Rescue Boat Display. Both of these will be held on the Wilmington Riverfront.
- The President’s Own United States Marine Corps Band from Washington, D.C.
- The University of Delaware Marching Blue Hen Band.
- Citizens Hose Company of Smyrna
- Delaware National Guard 287th Marching Band
- Salesianum, Cab Calloway, A.I. DuPont High School and The Delaware Military Academy High School Bands
- The Sixers Stixers Drill Team, the Official Drumline of the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Pipe and Drum Bands from:
- The Wilmington Department of Police
- The Delaware State Police
- The Camden County Police and Fire Emerald Society
- The Philadelphia Emerald Society
- The Philadelphia Police and Fire Pipes and Drums
- The Washington DC Fire Department Pipes and Drums
- The FDNY Emerald Society Pipes and Drums
- More than 40 Volunteer Fire Companies from throughout Delaware will participate in a combination of marching units and apparatus
- The Wilmington, New Castle County, and Delaware State Police Agencies
- The NCCPD and DSP Mounted Units
- The New Castle County Paramedics and St. Francis Hospital EMS