Join the fun on Sunday, June 6, from 12pm to 4pm, for Yorklyn Day, a free family event to celebrate the spirit and heritage of this little-known hamlet, nestled along the state’s northern border and hugging the Red Clay Creek . The event will adhere to all current safety guidelines and include live music, an artisan’s market, antique auto & train rides, kids activities and crafts, vendors & food trucks galore!
The community is invited to Auburn Heights & the Marshall Steam Museum (for Steamin’ Day fun), the Center for the Creative Arts (for the best in arts activities for all ages), and the Yorklyn Bridge Trail (where exhibitors and food trucks await).
Presenting Sponsors: Century Engineering, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP, Tresid Group LLC, Garrett Snuff Mills
NO YORKLYN DAY ADMISSION CHARGE: Fees are associated with select activities (such as train/antique auto rides and mansion tours at the Auburn Heights estate, although the estate and museum are open for free. Parking will be available throughout Yorklyn, and a map of parking areas will be posted on www.YorklynDay.org
All activities and sites will be abiding by CDC and State of Delaware COVID safety restrictions, including mask wearing and social distancing.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Center for the Creative Arts, the Friends of Auburn Heights, and Delaware State Parks.
FURTHER EVENT DETAILS: Primary activities will take place at four central locations — (1) Auburn Heights Estate, 3000 Creek Rd.; (2) Center for the Creative Arts, 410 Upper Snuff Mill Rd. & Rte. 82; and (3) Yorklyn Bridge Trail, 1157 Yorklyn Rd; (4) Dew Point Brewing Co, 2878 Creek Rd.
At Auburn Heights Estate
- Explore the grounds and museum for free to experience the magic age of steam!
- Don’t miss the 1:30pm Firing Up Demonstration to see how operators set a steam car in motion.
- Watch the operating Lionel trains display in the museum and let the kids explore their creative side with kid-friendly crafts & activities!
- For a fee, enjoy train and antique auto rides or tour the 1897 Marshall Mansion, home to three generations of the Marshall family
At Center for the Creative Arts
- Explore the Artisan’s Market
- Enjoy live music on the outdoor stage by Younger Than Charlie
- Try your hand at a make-and-take art activity suitable for all ages ($3 fee)
- Food trucks and more!
At Dew Point Brewing
- Craft beer
- Live music by Delta Cosmonauts
- Food from Wandering Chef
At Garrison’s Cylery
- Open on Sunday especially for Yorklyn Day!
At Yorklyn Bridge Trail
- Local exhibitors and craftsmen
- Dancers from the Hindu Temple of Delaware will be performing a classical dance at 1:00pm by the pavilion.
- Plus fantastic food truck fare
- Explore the Yorklyn History Trail to learn more about the area’s rich history and community spirit