One Village Alliance was founded with a mission to uplift children and their families on a holistic journey toward excellence through education.
One Village Alliance (OVA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded with the assertion that it truly does take a whole village to raise a child, raise a family and raise a community. With programming in 33 schools and 5 neighborhood sites throughout Delaware and Southern New Jersey, OVA creates a strategic alliance to bridge the gaps, fill the voids and leverage existing community-wide in the heart of communities that need us the most. Since 2009, OVA has successfully managed local, federal, state and private funding to impact the lives of more than 1300 families to date. In 2010, we became the first new agency to receive United Way of Delaware funding in 27 years and are the only agency in Delaware of its kind contracted to provide services for the Federal Office of Probation & Parole. One Village Alliance is the proud recipient of the 2012 NAACP Youth Impact Award.
Approach Towards Excellence
While our focus is child-centered, our holistic approach targets the whole family with an emphasis on fathers. One Village Alliance is committed to ensuring that youth and families receive the resources and support necessary to achieve success regardless of their socio-economic status. We connect families in need with uniquely qualified professionals, enriching programming and a myriad of wrap around services through strategic community alliances.
The One Village Alliance Family
One Village Alliance is comprised of a culturally competent team of individuals and decision makers who are uniquely qualified to effectively reach youth and families experiencing such challenges as unemployment, unstable homes, abuse and academic struggles. We engage volunteers, staff, board members, and partners from the community we serve who not only bring proven methods and expertise, but also have themselves, overcome many of the same challenges faced by our youth and families.
Programs & Activity
One Village Alliance creates year-round impactful learning opportunities that foster positive attitudes, teach healthy behaviors and propel individuals on an exciting journey toward excellence through education. OVA addresses both the symptoms and the root causes of many intergenerational issues affecting our society through a cadre of activities:
- The Village After-School Enrichment Program: Academic-based Tutoring / Mentoring
- Suitable Men: Fatherhood Initiative (Man-to-Man Mentoring, Professional Attire, Workforce Development)
- “Girls Can Do Anything!”- Re-defining Womanhood and what it means to be a Girl (Prevention Program)
- Dare to Be King: Developing Positive Black Male Leadership
- Around the World in a Summer!: Diversity & Enrichment Camp
- I.M.P.A.C.T (International Mobilization of Parents and Children Together) – Cooperative Parenting
- The Mega Dreams Project – Youth Entrepreneurship Project
- Grass Roots Initiative Partnership (GRIP): Cooperative Community Development, Organizational Support & Capacity Building for Impactful Grass Roots Agencies and Initiatives
Thanks to the support of our partners, One Village Alliance serves economically challenged families at no cost.
Be a part of our impact: Donate, Mentor, Volunteer!